Tuesday, March 17, 2009

YEEEHAAA Oregon here I come!!

Hello everyone!

I am so excited! It seems like a long time since November 2nd when I received my invitation to serve at CPYR--but now it is only days away till April 1!

Last Friday was my final day at work. They had a really nice going away lunch, some fun and practical presents--and yes, tears. It's tough leaving the people who have been such a big part of my life these past years! However, I am planning on seeing them in December sometime--and so it makes the parting a little easier.

This week is chocked full of packing, and spending time with family. Gladys seems eager for the trip--and with her new trailer hitch she's lookin' pretty :-). Now, just to figure out what to leave and what to bring! I am THRILLED that I can bring my motorcycle! We are going to have some fantastic rides in the beautiful countryside!

I am leaving Michigan Monday the 23rd and will spend a few days in the Chicago area visiting family, and early Thursday morning head West.

I sure do appreciate your many prayers these days. I also appreciate your prayers for safe travels both mechanically, and personally. The llllooooonnnnnggggg four days, I pray, will fly by with books on tape, music and new scenery.

Keep smilin' and lookin' to Jesus with me today! :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you!!! Yet, we are also so sad that you have to leave us and be so far away! I'm sure you are anxious to just be done with the sad good-byes and be there. We will pray that Gladys makes it without any
hic-ups. We love you and are going to miss you terribly!!!
Love,
Mel VV

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need some help packing what you decide to take. I am sure that they will be looooooooong days in the car, I will be praying for sanity while driving! :) I am sure that it would be much more interesting with 5 children! Some of them would love to come along with you I am sure! Praying for you!

Taunya Rosenquist said...

Hey we can't wait to see you on Tue. What a cool oppertunity and what an adventure.I love it how you are just stepping out by faith- one step at a time. We learned about Joshua today and how he did exactly that and how to take your life from ordinary and average to extraordinary! looks to me like you are doing just that! we love you. Taunya