Monday, October 12, 2009

October Blessings Part 2

I realized this morning that I did not give you an update on my personal health yesterday when I posted my blog--so here you go!

First, I want to thank you for ALL your prayers! I know, I can feel, the prayers! According to the Dr's I should not be as far along as I am now considering what took place--but I am because of His great mercy and grace!

My headaches are around a 4 out of 10 each day. They are not as severe, nor are they so intense. It is more of a come and go deal--some days or times of day I notice it more than others. This is a HUGE improvement!! My weight loss program of up-chucking my food is finished as well :-). (Sorry for all you weak of stomach who just read that!). I am keeping my food down just fine--another HUGE improvement! Dizziness is still something that I need to be careful of. Twirling around in circles with horses, putting my head below my waist (such as when we clean horses hooves) or when pushing kids on the swing are three areas that I limit. Again, even with dizziness, I have noticed a remarkable improvement--it takes less time to get my head "settled" then a month ago! Praise God for that!

My Mom suggested a while ago to take some different vitamins that would help, so I have added those to my daily intake. My short term memory has kinda bothered me, and after researching therapy I realized what they would be doing is "flash cards" and other such tools to help "exercise" my brain. In the past I know personally that memorizing Scripture has been a way for me to increase my memory power--so I have begun memorizing again!

Several have written me e-mails or have phoned me with their concerns--and I truly thank you! I have not ruled out seeing a Dr again--it is something that I am waiting for the Lord to prompt me to do--if needed. I have been told that this is a process. The swelling and return of "normalcy" could take 4-6 months. Others have told me it could take longer! I am just so grateful to be where I am now--thank you again for your prayers on my behalf!

One more blessing I want to share is this: My niece Anna is flying out to see me on November the 4th!! This is something that she has desired to do for quite some time now and we both (her parents included) have been praying about--and now it is going to happen! I am SO excited for both of us! She will be volunteering at the ranch each day, and then on the weekends we will explore some of Oregon together! The other FABULOUS benefit to me is I have someone to ride home with me--and to help me drive!! YEAH!! Please pray for Anna's safe flight out here. Her desire is to serve the ranch in whatever way she can while she is here. What a privilege for me to be a part of this mission trip in her life--and what a joy to spend some great one on one time as well! God is so good!

The last day of the ranch is November 19th. We will, Lord willing and weather permitting, be home for Thanksgiving!

Keep smilin' and lookin' to Jesus with me today!!

4 comments:

Mary said...

It's great to read your recent updates. Glad to hear you are getting better. Anna is so excited to go to Oregon.

See you next month!
Mary

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear of the physical improvements... still praying though!

Anonymous said...

PTL that you are doing better...we will continue to pray for healing in the Lord's time. We are excited for you and Anna too! I hope this is a life changing experience for her!
See you soon!
Mel VV

Taunya Rosenquist said...

so glad you are doing a bit better... we missed the spark you add to family gatherings at the reunion! love ya. t