Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Day!!

Thank you EVERYONE for all your prayers for Anna's and my safe trip home to Michigan!! Gladys (you know, my mini van) and her trailer made it through sun, snow, mountains, and rain just peachy :-).
We had one "mishap". The drivers side front tire had a slow leak and when I was filling it up in Newport, Iowa I noticed the "nail head". YIKES!! So, in the next town, which was Coralville we stopped at a tire store and after an 1.5hr wait they told me the repair was not possible....so yes, I had to buy a new tire. Hmmm. BUT, God is in control, and He has a plan for this event in my life too. I brought my "old" tire home to return it to where I just purchased them before I left for OR...so we will see if they can plug it or get a new one under warranty.
I am sitting in my parents living room and there is MUCH activity going on around me! There is a table of people playing a game, a group of children in the basement talking loudly/shouting?? with their activities, another group in the living room playing checkers! It is so good to be here and hang out with all the family--what a special Thanksgiving this is!!
More to come next week....
Keep smilin' and lookin' to Jesus with me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear about your Thanksgiving and to know that your trip went well. One new tire isn't too big of a deal and you are both safe and sound. Thank you God! It is good to have you back in MI.
Kelly

Mary Lee said...

So happy that you and Anna made it home safely. Looking forward to seeing you in church tomorrow!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Very glad that you were home for Thanksgiving! I am glad that my daughter is home again, but thrilled with the lessons she learned while spending time with you! Glad that Gladys is safely home as well.