Wednesday, April 1, 2009

This is it!!

The day I have been waiting and praying about has finally arrived! Can you believe it? The road to get here has had it's share of ups and bumps, ahh, but sweet is the day, April 1!

The last two days I have been settling in nicely. My hosts names are Jerry and Judy Price. They have been so gracious in opening up their home to me! When I was just a youngster our family lived close to Aunt Judy and Uncle Jerry for a while. I remember playing with their oldest daughter. Yes, in our Father's unique, incredible and amazing ways they are my Dad's cousins who live a mere 13 miles from the ranch! I thought they were still living in Wisconsin, so when I said "yes" to the ranch's invitation I had no clue where I would live---but He did! Another one of the many confirmations of His leading and guiding me to Oregon to begin serving at CPYR.

Jerry is a professional counselor, consultant and author. His career path has also included the pastorate, education and coaching. He and his wife Judy work together with marriage counseling, and much much more. If you want to visit their website it is: http://www.moremarried.com/ I am so blessed to be living here! Rejoice with me!

Judy is a great hostess and tour guide! Sisters is a town, well, kinda like Grand Haven but bigger. Lots of neat touristy type stores, but also the essentials like the hardware, grocery, second hand store and coffee shop! She has taken me to the Ranger station to get info on the trails and mountains, and to the Chamber of Commerce to get info on the area in and around Sisters. It has a nice small town feeling--so a country girl like me doesn't feel too out of place :-). She also is a great cook! YEAH!!

I am still getting used to the time change. As I write this, it is 6:44 a.m.--and in Michigan it is 9:44 a.m. My crazy body clock won't let me sleep in much, but I am feeling more rested each day. My schedule for the day is to be at the ranch at 12:30 to be a part of their staff meeting, and then the ranch officially opens up for 2009 at 1:00! I'll let you know later who, what , why and how took place!

"Trust in Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5,6 Together, lets trust Him today!

Keep smilin' and lookin' to Jesus with me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy First Day of Work! I'll have to check out the blog when I have some time. The waiting is over... the day had come! Praying for you!

Taunya Rosenquist said...

WE are so excited for you! We have also thanked the Lord for sending Judy and her husband to you! hope you have a great day and meet some really special people today! ( I know thjey must be if they are running a ministry like that!)
rejoicing with you!

Anonymous said...

Jane,
So glad to hear your arrived safely. I'm sure it ws an incredible journey. I'm anxious to hear more about it as the days progress. I know it's going to be great.

Mary Jo

Anonymous said...

Hello Jane! We are thinking of you here at Set Free Ministries....it's just not the same without you coming around, BUT we know you will be doing some aMaZiNg work. WAY TO GO JANE!
love,
Aubrie and the rest of SFM
p.s. "Gladys" makes me laugh

Anonymous said...

Jane,

We miss you here, but are happy to hear you have arrived safely in Oregon. If you meet any children like Jessica, you'll have to let me know. I'm curious about the relationship between these kids and horses.

Take care--we're praying for you!

Mary Lee

Anonymous said...

Heard the first day went well! Praise God! Can't wait to hear all the wonderful, exciting adventures you will be having! We miss you and are praying for you!
Love ya,
Mel VV